Mentor Education’s FNS60415 Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning provides individuals additional skills and knowledge required when dealing with retail clients with complex needs, such as estate planning, taxation and sophisticated investment planning. Students will gain knowledge providing an:
- Understanding of financial planning advice to meet the objectives of retail clients with complex needs
- Understanding of how to develop a range of strategies required to deliver a comprehensive financial plan
- Understanding of advanced financial planning technical and specialist knowledge
The Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning also provides individuals a succinct pathway to a future undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in Business or Financial Planning.
Prospective students are advised to either contact us for additional information or check The Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority (FASEA) website (fasea.gov.au) for information regarding education standards required to become a Financial Adviser.
Why Study With Us?
We recognise that employers are increasingly looking for candidates who are aware of the challenges of being a successful financial adviser.
Often a candidate's Qualification is the only evidence that they possess the technical knowledge and skills requirements to conduct themselves professionally as an authorised representative. Unfortunately, this can not be said for all training providers.
With our Advanced Diploma Of Financial Planning qualification you have confidence in the fact that you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge gained from a credible industry-endorsed program that employs best practice assessment standards, helping you graduate at the leading edge of your chosen field.
The Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning extends the skills and knowledge advisers have gained from the Diploma Of Financial Planning to enable Financial Planners to:
- provide financial planning advice to meet the objectives of retail clients with complex needs
- develop a range of strategies in order to deliver a comprehensive financial plan
Who Should Enrol?
You should enrol in the Advanced Diploma Of Financial Planning if you are:
- seeking advanced technical and specialist knowledge, tailored to the needs of the financial planning industry, in line with best practice
- interested in upgrading your qualifications to build on your valuable experience in the financial services industry
- have completed the Diploma of Financial Planning
Financial Planning legislation changes - New Education Standards
FASEA has now released its final Education Pathways Policy (FPS001) which sets out new standards for individuals wishing to become a financial adviser.
Click here for further information.
The entry requirement for this qualification is completion of the following units of competency, from the core of the Diploma Of Financial Planning or their equivalent from a previous version of the FNS Training Package. These are:
- FNSASICZ503* Provide advice in financial planning
- FNSFPL501 Comply with financial planning practice ethical and operational guidelines and regulations
- FNSFPL502 Conduct financial planning analysis and research
- FNSFPL503 Develop and prepare financial plan
- FNSFPL504 Implement financial plan
- FNSFPL505 Review financial plans and provide ongoing service
- FNSFPL506 Determine client financial requirements and expectations
- FNSINC401 Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- The entry requirement can be met by evidence of equivalent competency to the above units through recognition of prior learning (RPL).
It is expected that students will spend 1800 hours in learning and related activities if completing on a full-time basis over 18 months (students who have extensive industry experience will be expected to complete it in a shorter period).
ADFP1 - Taxation Planning
- Introduction to Taxation Planning
- Taxation Calculation and Assessment
- Intro to Individual Taxation
- The Treatment of Capital Gains
- Allowable Deductions
- Applying the Tax Rates
- Tax Offsets and Tax Worksheet
- The Income Tax Collection System
- Investment Vehicles
- GST AND FBT
- Tax Planning
- Assessable Income
ADFP2 - Estate Planning
- Introduction to Estate Planning
- Wills and Probate
- Revoking Wills and Challenging Wills
- Enduring Power of Attorney
- Capital Gains Tax
- Personally Held Assets
- Assets Held By Trust
- Taxation of Trust Income
- Taxation Responsibilities of an Executor
- Superannuation and Estate Planning
- Social Security and Estate Planning
- Business Succession Planning
ADFP3 - Advanced Investment Planning
- Introduction to Financial Maths
- Using a Financial Calculator
- Introduction to Risk and Return
- Portfolio Diversification
- Market Timing
- Market Risk and Return
- Investment Fund Performance
- Efficient Market Theory
- Introduction to Behavioural Finance
- Use of Leverage
- Handling Foreign Exchange Exposure
- Research Issues
ADFP4 - Financial Planning
- Legal and Other Requirements for Producing a Statement of Advice
- The Fact Finding Interview
- Formatting the Plan
- Making Product Recommendations
- Writing the Statement of Advice
- Presenting & Reviewing the SOA
- Case Study
Units of Competency
- Conduct complex financial planning research
- Provide technical and professional guidance
- Determine client requirements and expectations for clients with complex needs
- Provide comprehensive monitoring and ongoing service
- Develop complex and innovative financial planning strategies
- Present and negotiate complex and innovative financial plans
- Implement complex and innovative financial plans
- Establish, supervise and monitor practice systems to conform with legislation and regulations
- Provide advice in Managed Investments*
- Provide advice in Securities*
- Provide advice in Superannuation*
* Mutual Recognition awarded where completed as part of Diploma of Financial Planning FNS50615 (or equivalent).
Career Pathway Program
Being a quality educator in the financial services industry, we recognise the important contribution that industry peers can make in your ongoing professional development. To help our students access the right resources and expertise to maximise their potential in the financial services industry, Mentor Education has teamed up with Australia's leading industry bodies to design a comprehensive suite of career-building tools for Diploma of Financial Planning and Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning students, called the ‘Career Pathway Program'
- developing your skills and knowledge with 12-month FREE professional development subscription, valued at $360
- Keep updated with industry news and events
If you're looking to transition into or advance your existing financial services career, this is an opportunity you can't afford to miss. If you enrol into the full Diploma of Financial Planning or Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning courses, the Career Pathway Program is FREE.
Our courses are designed to provide skill-based learning outcomes. Assessment activities for the Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning include multiple choice questions, short answer assignments, and the development of a Statement of Advice.
Our friendly and experienced team will provide support and assessment feedback as you progress through your studies.
FLEXIBLE DELIVERY OPTIONS: NATION-WIDE
Mentor Education specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
BONUS: Career Pathway Program
Download Enrolment Form
and Payment Form
Workshop spaces are limited, so book your spot to avoid disappointment
Terms and Conditions
* Unless stated otherwise, this offer is only for select online Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma qualifications, Short Courses and Skill sets listed on this web page and requires full upfront payment. Unless stated otherwise, no payment plans available for discount offers. Unless stated otherwise, no discounts available for Workshops. Unless stated otherwise, to be eligible for discounts, you will need to have fully paid for your course enrolment before 30/06/2019, 11.59pm AEST. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers/existing quotes or applied to past enrolments. Discounts are based on recommended retail price listed on the Mentor Education website as at 01/04/2019.
** Payment plans require six equal monthly payments via direct debit. Contact Mentor Education for further information.